Total Pageviews

Monday 23 January 2012

Watercolour

Watercolour pencils




So I did quite a 'heavy' impression of my own eye.
Using watercolour pencils. These are pretty new to me but i have had a little practice.

Well it didn't turn out exactly as planned but I adore the way it turned out!!
First I used the colour pencils to quickly sketch out the shapes and then shade in the colour, when I was done I used a wet paintbrush and literally just brused over the top, I think I used a litle bit too much water hence the splashes and the way the colours have run, but I really think it gave a really good effect.

I loved the technique because it was super quick and I find it hard to work neatly with paint so it was just how I like it!!!
It probably isn't how you're supposed to use the watercolour pencils but...... who cares?!?!!
What kind of artist would I be if I stuck to the rules? :):)
I would advise giving it a go, the colours are fantastic and it really wasn't difficult.



Perfect. <3

1 comment: