Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 January 2012

"That painting lark."

So, I've found out where my artistic mind has come from.
Both of my nan's have started painting..... really well!!
Both are now using canvas' and oil paint. I have hardly touched canvas but after seeing their paintings I've been desperate to have a go. Maybe when I do one I can get a picture on here to show you!!

Both nan's attended an art course on watercolours; after 4 years of practice watercolour is one of my favourite paints to use, but neither nan's really got into it (they were still super cool!!) So they tried acrylic/oil paints, and it's unbelievable how fast they picked it up! I thought the saying was "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" WRONG!! Clearly.
They've got into it so much that one has started to sell her paintings at cafes and little museums and the other uses them as gifts!!  (Easily good enough to be sold!!)  The picture is one of the paintings that my nan has done, with the oil paints and canvas, she does a lot of scenery.

Well done to both of you!! Really proud. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment