Total Pageviews

Friday 20 April 2012

Who said punks dead?

Who said punks dead?





    This is an acrylic painting on canvas that I
 have done inspired by the events all happening in England this year, The Olympics being the big one. Now, when I think of typical England I think of  'Fish & Chips', 'Tea & Scones' and Punk Rock. It all started in London, with 'The Sex Pistols ' and a very talented lady called Vivienne Westwood. I have done several projects on punk fashion and I found that Tartan came up alot!! I have had a fascination with it ever since! This seemed like the perfect oppurtunity to bring back the punk to good old England. :):)

      I'm really pleased with this painting and my mum couldn't wait to stick it on the wall as she was part of this punk movement. :D:D







No comments:

Post a Comment